Monday, November 15, 2010

Days Twelve to Fifteen #aedm2010

Day Twelve is the word Adult, since it was our first date night in a long long time. I got to dress up and wear heels, which lasted about an hour, before I ended up in the flats I brought. The painting I drew actually looks disturbingly like Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard, which isn't helped by the fact that I was holding a martini in the picture and drew myself in pearls and mascara. I have repainted it, and each time erased it and ended up repainting and still looking like this:



Mr. DeMille, I am ready for my close-up.

I will try to repaint it again and again and again until it is simply a martini. Actually, that is a good idea. I can paint a martini, even if I can't drink it with all the early bedtimes we abide by here. I will turn to the page lovingly when I am knee deep in a tantrum.



It was chilly and I couldn't think of a word.






I hit 25k on my NaNoWriMo novel. WooHoo. Yippee. Hooray.




Today is my husband's birthday. I made a cake. I can't bake. It looks nice in this painting though.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Day twelve has me in giggles, thank you. I think I end up looking a lot like Norma Desmond in real life anytime I try to dress up - you're lucky your resemblance only came in your attempt to draw yourself that night.

Anonymous said...

Angie, your drawings are just so totally charming, every single one of them and all together they are like a picture book of life, yours to be exact. Wonderful.

xoxo