Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Four AEDM


Today my dear friend Danielle is remembering her son two years after his birth and death. She is also mourning so much today. And I also received a custom jizo painting order request from one grieving mother for another mother experiencing a miscarriage. I feel reflective, staid, mindful. I am surrounding myself in grief. Surrounding myself with images of the sea and calm and peace and compassion. Practicing tonglen for all grieving mothers and fathers, and practicing tonglen on myself. In all, I think the best word for today is just abiding. Abiding with you, Danielle. Abiding with your friend, the other Danielle. And abiding with all my grieving friends, fellow artists and myself.

6 comments:

after iris said...

Abiding with you too x

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Practicing Tonglen alongside you.

Beautiful painting.. and thinking what a lovely gift to the world you are, dear one.

My #aedm2010 check in.

sweet limes said...

Abiding is such a lovely word, and your painting really does capture it.

Unknown said...

beautifull post, i wish you enjoy aedm

Hope's Mama said...

Abiding also. Just lovely. Heartbreaking, yet lovely.
xo

sarah said...

The other wise women above have taken my words: beautiful, heartbreaking...and, abiding.

With love.