Thursday, November 18, 2010

day eighteen #aedm2010

It is bloody difficult to photograph watercolor. I just thought I should say that. This painting is really muted in real life. ANYWAY, so first I feel broken, then unmotivated, now I am just sick, and so is the baby. I keep putting him down and he keeps responding in exactly this way. I haven't quite been able to put my contacts in, because it seems like too much work. I have a headache and my throat hurts. I have a cough, and the baby has thrown up mucus a few times already this morning, and it isn't quite 8am, yet. What I also should have drawn was Beezus doing ballet around us, generally in a fine mood and in all around good spirits, which in contrast to Thor and myself means that we seem a bit extra sick, or grouchy, depending on your point of view. The baby has taken to pinching me when he is mad, and that makes me mad. My response is to put him down and say, "It hurts Mommy when you pinch." which makes him madder and more inclined to pinch. It is unpleasant here, and Beezus desperately wants to go to gymnastics. So, I guess I will haul my ass down to the gym, and sit there and moan more while the baby pinches me.

What is interesting about the exercise of choosing a word for the day is that you know the month will have x number more of pictures/words, so when I had the sniffles, my inclination was to use the word sick, but really, I wasn't quite sick, and thinking sniffles might lead to a full blown illness, I held off using sick. Yesterday, I wasn't quite sick either, but I thought I might be headed towards sick, so you know, you try to be precise. I really realized this after day two with the whole "sleepy" thing, that I should consider not painting in the morning, since every morning, I feel sleepy and I should have saved it for a morning after an insomnia night. I still have a night feeder, after all, and I'm prone to sleeplessness. I'm also writing a novel this month, usually after bedtime, so I am perpetually tired.

*sigh

Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine, if I could eat cheese. Or wine. Yum, wine. Ow, good thoughts hurt my head. Must. Mope. More.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

pinching and sniffles and thrown up mucus are perfectly reasonable reasons to have a good mope. sending healing thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

mope away, poor Angie. You said, my hair hurts in your tweet, I so get that expression. Maybe you should swap places with Thor and just sit on the floor for a few minutes and just wail, might help?

Sending you and Thor peace and healing vibes and also continuing good spirits to Bea.

Once A Mother said...

i think I gave you this sick by talking about the flu with you yesterday. i feel crapola today too. who knew sickness was contagious through facebook messaging...

i am so sorry that you are sick and tired and that Thor wants to pinch you
:(

i hope you are on the mend soon!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Blech. I hope you feel better soon. I wish mamas got sick days.

Anonymous said...

I so hope that you feel better soon. And I have to admit that it made me smile to read about how he pinches you. I know it's not supposed to be funny but the image in my head is rather cute.
Feel better....