Monday, November 1, 2010

11.01.10 (Day One AEDM)

Well, it is November. I have managed to sign up for both Art Every Day month and NaNoWriMo. After October's Thirty Posts in Thirty Days challenge for Babylost Awareness Month (my new name for it), I felt like I wanted a break from on-line writing a little without giving up the discipline of writing every day. I will be checking in here with my AED project. Hopefully, every day.

This is what I am doing for Art Every Day Month. I made a little watercolor book that is 5"x 5". And I will paint/illustrate one word, either emotion or experience that encapsulates my day. I think I have to paint in the morning, or the evening, since I am trying to write 1600/day at night after the kids fall asleep. Oy, vey. Anyway, morning seems to work well since they are little gesture paintings, and I can tie it into art/craft time with my daughter.

So today's word:



Anyway, I am keeping the book unbound for the time being, until I finish painting. I think it will be easier.

I also almost have my last spread of the Sketchbook Project completed. I changed the lines, and image, and I like it. It is different than the other spreads, because the gesso prevented me from doing nice washes, so it is acrylic mostly.

The red heart on the right hand side is the center of what will be a Radioactive symbol. And some lines, showing the process of nuclear fission will be added on the left side, except instead of neutrons, they are hearts.

8 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

What a great painting. Seems so lush and also, so do-able. It appears like me you are doing both AEDM and NaNoWriMo.

Kudos to you....

Much love and looking forward to knowing you better!

See my AEDM2010 projects grow here.

Beverley Baird said...

I love the idea of focusing on one painting and 1 word to capture day! Love you watercolour!

Merry said...

Am hoping to do Nano too - I have completed it once but this is our busy work month, so who knows!

Good luck :)

Amy said...

Good luck! That is alot.... wow! We should sign up to be writing buddies. Ines will be on there too I think. My first words will be written as soon as I finish my lunch!

Sweet-Lemmon said...

This is lovely:)

Leah said...

Oh my goodness, I love this!! I was really excited to see how you'd do the one word each day and now I'm excited to see more. :-)

Rachel said...

Your style continues to be a favorite of mine...look forward the next 29 days!

sarah said...

hey, great minds think alike (right?) I don't *think* I saw this here yet, but I too have started a sketchbook with a similar idea - a thought/word/phrase from the day that encapsulates some theme from the day...

though mine will be nowhere as beautiful as yours...

and I do thank you for the inspiration, because though I didn't know you were doing this exact project, I definitely have been inspired by your work and your creative process...