Saturday, October 30, 2010

10.30.10

I already posted the polymer clay hands I constructed for my Frida Kahlo costume for Halloween. I actually went to Joann's today looking for some jewelry making stuff. And eh, voila. I have some cool hand earrings to match the necklace I purchased on Etsy. I kind of stupidly did not bring the necklace with me to the store, but somehow Mr. Magoo-ed the exact match. (Yay, me.)

My daughter and I have a few children's books about Frida. We love her. Beezus thinks she looks like me, except for the eyebrows. And she also is a painter. She asked me if I laid in my bed to paint when I was sick and sad, and I had to tell her no, but I would in the future. And we decided that is who I am going to be. Picasso made Frida some hand earrings.

I made me some as well. It wasn't nearly as hard as I imagined. And I actually really love using polymer clay. I am seeing sushi earrings in my future. Huzzah.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

*thumbs up*

sarah said...

Looking good, Frida. I kinda want to buy a pair of those hand earrings, btw.