Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November, the goddess of creative chaos

November has become a being feared and revered. She is a bitch goddess, relentless, demanding and often leaves me in a state of awe and gratitude. As I embark on my second Art Every Day Month (AEDM) and my fourth National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), I beg of you to be patient with my unanswered emails, my confusing and surreal tweets, my angry status updates. For AEDM this year, I'm finishing my Sketckbook project, or rather starting it. I'm not painting this year, or rebinding. Just a sketch a day that might be inked, or might stay pencil. My theme is "Thing Found Under Car Seats." It is purposely light. I am making it surreal, hopefully funny. But first few pages are the straight man jokes. Here are the cover and first page.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh shit ... it's November! I was going to do AED but seems today has passed and I did not even look at my sketchbook. crap. Well, there is always tomorrow ...

good luck on NaNoWriMo and AED.

Lissa Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KnottedFingers said...

I love that you do the sketchbook project. I heard of it in early October but didn't have the money to sponsor a book. I hope that next year I'm able to participate.

Good luck in NaNoWriMo I'm also not doing that this year because of a move so I live vicariously through those who are participating!