Thursday, December 1, 2011

santka lucia

This year, I am in an ornament swap at Here We Are Together, which is my friend Miri's blog. If you are not familiar with her amazing blog and crafts and sensibility, then you must check her out. She honestly is one of the most interesting people I know. She is a homeschooling Waldorf mama from Germany living in England.  ANYWAY, she paired people up. And the woman whose name I received says she is a Catholic mama who is very into homemade Waldorf crafts and the color rainbow. I wasn't sure what to do, because I do love colorzing things, and making everything rainbow, but I also wanted to connect with the other parts of her too. I also should note that her name is Lucy.

I miss my girl. Three weeks until her birthday and I ache to honor her memory.

And so today, I sat on the orange chair with my needlefelting toolbox and made this for Lucy and for my Lucy. I thought it might capture all the parts of her and me together, even though we never met. I am tempted to keep her for myself, but I made her to give her, and so she will go.