Monday, September 26, 2011

kung fu


I had a canvas with a bunch of not good painting on it, like that crappy jizo, then I tried some techniques I have never done. ANYWAY, I have this old book by Bruce Lee called Bruce Lee's Fighting Style, or something equally forgettable. It was a 29th printing, the binding was broken and it was written on by some kid, so I took some pages out, since I love that style of book with the guys in kung-fu outfits posing mid-fight. It looks so peaceful, even though it teaches you how to kick the crap out of someone. I glued the pages down, then drew my little girl over it. It says, Learning to fight taught me not to fight. Which is very true. I studied martial arts in my late teens/early twenties. Wing Chun. I miss fighting, particularly sparring with my friend Fisher. He taught me a lot.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I love your kung fu girl.