Thursday, January 12, 2012

green juice

I juice.

Perhaps that sounds odd, but a few years ago I spent more than I did on a month of rent for my first ten years of apartment living on a juicer.  It is the Omega juicer and it is the best thing I ever bought. It juices everything. Beautifully. It cleans easily. It is perhaps my favorite kitchen appliance besides the coffeemaker. I bought it a few years ago when my crappy 20 buck juicer started to emit a smell that can only be described as burning. Plus, that thing was a bastard to clean. I also was living a raw food lifestyle, which was fine and lovely, but demanded vegetable juice. I have made ice cream, apple sauce, babyfood, all kinds of cool things.



I wanted to contribute to the vast recipe list on the internet of good morning juices.

This one I drink most mornings. I either drink this or a smoothie. Just depends on the mood.

Green Juice

two apples
one lemon (rind removed)
five stalks of celery
1/4 inch of ginger
6 leaves of romain lettuce

But beware, if you leave the juice setting on the counter for a moment, you might come back to find little fingers poking in your green juice.


2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I was just talking to a friend about a juicer and I thought "I bet Angie can tell her which juicer is good."

CAGB said...

I might be in love with this.