Saturday, August 20, 2011

fingerpainting

Beezus asked me to finger paint today while I was painting. I said sure. She knows how to set everything up and do it herself.


Thor asked me for something and I noticed that he was fingerpainting too, and perhaps was a little aggressive on the pink.  We paint paper, baby, not our bellies.



 Then the boy turned around to paint too, and I realized that Beezus actually finger painted Thor rather than him finger painting himself.  He looks pretty tough with pink and orange.



 Then he gave me this cute little smile, and his little panzita hanging over his chonies, and well, I bought him a firetruck and a pony. The reason I didn't notice that Beezus painted the baby is that I am painting this rather large painting for our house. It is our family. There are no faces yet, and my daughter finds that absolutely disturbing. But I am going to outline and draw faces in oil crayon so it has a crayon-y feel to it. It is two foot by four foot.


2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

LOVE the painting. And the boy who is fingerpainted. And the girl who did the fingerpainting.

Hope's Mama said...

I would love to spend a day in your crafty house, getting my craft on. Or at least trying to. Your kids would totally out craft me!
xo